Curio Founder & CEO, Ashley Lamb-Sinclair, speaks about Curio, rebel teachers, creative teaching, and teachers as entrepreneurs on The Edtech Startup Show with Gerard Dawson.
- Ashley discusses the process many teachers go through when planning, collecting and creating lessons & how Curio supports teachers in this process
- What is a Rebel Teacher?
- What would be the social impact of hundreds of thousands of teachers joining Curio?
- The challenges of the journey from teacher to entrepreneur
- The divide between the world inside schools and that outside of schools
- How writing for publication in The Atlantic contradict what Ashley taught in her English classroom
- Ashley’s perspective on growing users in Curio, and the importance of timing, mindset, ebb & flow
- Ashley’s journey from luddite to tech entrepreneur
- How edtech startups can create opportunities for teacher career paths
- Ashley shares her perspective on suspicion toward her as a teacher who started a company
- Ashley’s advice – which may surprise you – for teachers who want to carve an entrepreneurial path
Also published on Medium.